Norfolk Hub provide sales and distribution across Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridgeshire for small craft producers of food & drinks. Our customers include pubs, restaurants, farm shops and hotels.
Buying local is a key component of sustainability as it reduces mileage. In addition to this, we have formed a local hub for deliveries, which has taken multiple single supplier vans off the road. We believe we can reduce this mileage even further via the implementation of the environmental policy and action plan.
To achieve this, our aims and objectives are;
- Monitor and minimise mileage
- Begin a process to replace diesel with electric vans
- To promote environmental awareness, provide training and ensure every member of the team understands their environmental responsibilities
- To promote sound environmental practices with our suppliers and customers
- To meet and, where practical, exceed all relevant regulatory requirements
To understand and quantify our progress against the above targets, we will be closely monitoring our consumption. We will keep staff updated on the progress and update this document annually.